FREEKEH BREAKFAST PARFAIT
Prep time: 5 minutes • Cook time: 30 • Total time: 35
Serves: 4 parfaits
- 1 package original freekeh
- 2 1/2 cups water (or your choice of milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 4 (5.3 ounce) containers of Icelandic Provisions Plain Skyr (or Greek yogurt) http://www.icelandicprovisions.com/our-icelandic-skyr/
- In a small saucepan combine 1 package of original cracked freekeh,
- 2 1/2 cups water, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, stir occasionally. Cook for approximately 20-25 minutes, until all of the water has been absorbed.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine cooked freekeh with honey and cinnamon, cool to room temperature.
- Add 3/4 cup freekeh to each parfait glass and top with contents of 1 container of Icelandic Provisions Skyr, 1/8 cup sliced blackberries and 1/8 cup of strawberries.