- 1 8-ounce package cracked freekeh
- 2 1/2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup seedless cucumber, diced
- 3-4 T. fresh lemon juice
- 3-4 garlic cloves, diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pour water or broth and the freekeh in a saucepan and bring to a boil, cooking for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes until the freekeh is tender. Once cooked, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Dice the tomatoes, cucumbers, and garlic. Add all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.