Freekeh Stuffed Zucchini Boats
4 medium zucchini, washed and sliced horizontally
1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups cooked Freekeh
- 1 can small red beans or pinto beans
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- ½ cup yellow raisins
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place zucchini on a parchment lined cookie sheet, and roast the zucchini boats in the oven for 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute for 3-5 minutes until onions are a light golden color. Add garlic and saute until golden brown, add turmeric, freekeh, red beans, squash, yellow raisins, sea salt and white wine. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, add an equal amount of stuffing into each zucchini boat and bake for 5-10 minutes until the stuffing is lightly browned
- Serve warm
NOTES: If desired, swap out the yellow squash for carrots, and top with a little cheddar cheese