MAPLE BANANA FREEKEH
- 1 package original freekeh (2 cups cooked see note)
- 2 1/2 cups Oatly milk, or milk of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground cardamom or 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom.
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- In a medium sauce pan, add 1 package of original cracked freekeh.
- Combine oatly milk, maple syrup and cardamom and sea salt. Optional add sliced almonds and bring to a boil reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stir occasionally. Cook for about 20-25 minutes, until milk is absorbed.
- Turn off the heat, stir together cool and refrigerate in an airtight container or divide Freekeh between 4 bowls.
- Top with your choice of toppings.
- Peaches and cottage cheese
- Apples and walnuts
- Superseedz Pumpkin Seeds