Avocado Salad with Fire-Roasted Corn and Tomatoes
Servings : 6-8
- 1 8-ounce package cracked freekeh
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups fire-roasted corn
- 1/3 cup cilantro, diced, stems included
- 2 T. green onions, diced
- 5 limes, juiced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 avocados, diced
Pour water or vegetable broth and the freekeh in a saucepan and bring to a boil, cooking for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes until the freekeh is tender. Once cooked, remove from heat and cool.
Place corn in a large bowl. Add diced green onion, tomatoes, and diced pepper. Add the cooled freekeh and mix gently. Add the lime juice, salt, pepper, and cilantro. Serve at room temperature or chilled.